Several types of probate are available when a person dies depending on whether they have a will or not.
If the Decedent did have a Will:
- Probate of a Will and Appointment of an Independent or Dependent Executor.
- Probate of a Will and Appointment of an Independent or Dependent Administrator with Will Annexed.
- Probate of a Will as a Muniment of Title.
- Probate of Will and Order of No Administration.
If the Decedent did not have a will (Intestate)
- Small Estate Affidavit.
- Declaration of Heirship.
- Affidavit of Heirship.
- Family Settlement Agreements.
Which procedure to choose will be a decision that the family makes in consultation with the estate attorney who is going to handle the probate.